Monday, March 8, 2010

I miss the Olympics

I do, I really do. At least then, there was something interesting on tv most of the time. I love the Olympics. However, this year, I especially loved the commercials.

You see, some people watch the Superbowl for the commercials. I do that with the Olympics. Don't get me wrong, I love the actual Olympics, I mean, who doesn't? This year was full of drama and Shaun White's hair. Honestly, have you seen that guy? Where does he get the volume? I want his hair.

But I digress. Commercials, that's what we were talking about. I had many different favorites, but there were a few that really stood out to me.

So, without further ado, I present to you, my top 3 favorite commercials of the 2010 Vancouver Olympic Games.

#3: Dan Jansen- Visa


Honestly? Oh my goodness! I don't know what it is about this commercial, whether its the despair after the fall, or the end with his little baby Jane. Maybe it's because Jane reminds me just so darn much of Buggy. Either way, I"m still a sopping emotional wreck when I see this commercial. That's a good thing. Really. It is.

#2: Coca Cola


It's a coca cola commercial, so you can be sure its going to be good, but this one takes the cake. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. And it's really for a stupid reason. It's the guys face when the coke is knocked out of his hand. Did you see it? That was hysterically awesome. It's like "Ahhhh, refreshing coke." crash "Asdjaohfn!" Awe.Some.

#1: P&G Thank you Mom




Okay, so technically, it's a tie for #1. I couldn't choose between these two. They are both so powerful, and beautiful, and moving, and I just. cant. decide.
Never have I ever felt that moved by a commercial. P&G took something as epic as the Olympics and showed it through the eyes of, not the competitors, but of the ones who love them most: Mom. It wasn't really until these commercials that I truly felt part of the elite. I knew being a mother was special, but as I saw these for the first time, I looked down into my little angels face and I truly felt special. Here I am, raising a whole other person, shaping her to become what she one day will become. What's more amazing than that? Not skiing down a hill. Not doing a triple axel in front of millions. Nothing. Raising a child, and caring for that child so much to give of yourself completely, is THE most important act anyone can do, ever.
So, P&G, you say "Thank you, Mom." Well I say, Thank YOU, P&G. Bravo!


No comments:

Post a Comment