Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Solids Saga pt 1

Well, we did it. We caved. We started solids.

We were planning on waiting until 6 months to start any kind of solids, but Buggy has been eye-balling our food for ooohhhh 5 months of so, so we kind of anticipated having to start sooner than 6 months. We held out as long as we could, but in the end, I just couldn't continue to eat my delicious food and watch as her eyes tracked every morsel from my plate into my mouth.

So begins the Solids Saga.

The first night we started rice cereal. I was so excited. I pumped a little breast milk, and really her rice cereal ended up being just glorified thickened breast milk. It wasn't so much rice cereal as it was rice soup. We also decided to eat in front of the tv, because it was the SEC championship game, and I wasn't going to miss a single second of the Gator game. Unfortunately, while the rice cereal/soup was a hit, the game, not so much for my Gators.

Evidence:

"What's that mom? OMG, is it for ME?"


It's up...


It's in...


It's GOOD!


Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the Gators...



While the rice cereal was an obvious winner, the Gators were not. I guess the moral of this story is...
You can't win them all.

Stay tuned for part deux of the Solids Saga a.k.a The First Time Daddy Feeds Buggy.

2 comments:

  1. OMG Look at her face! She was so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's terrible. It's like she was asking "Why did you withhold such amazing things from me, Mom?"

    ReplyDelete